Wednesday 12 June 2013

we are on our own

We are not in Malaysia you see.
So, we have to help ourselves out.

In here,
we do LOTS OF WALKING.
So far, we have not taken any public transport to our destinations.
Basically,
we just walk to our uni, to the shops/hypermarkets to do grocery shopping.
And believe me,
the distance from our accommodation to the respective destinations, is not short (well, that's if you assume you are walking in Malaysia with such hot weather back there)
and since we are starting to love the weather here,
so we kinda enjoy our walk (except for the sudden blowing wind)

In here,
we do our cooking.
In order to save up money for our UK day trips, Europe trip and Scotland trip,
we have to prepare our meals at home, instead of eating out.
and thankfully, I have my dear who is good in cooking (that does not mean I am not HAHA), and a bunch of not-so-picky mates.
So yeah, we prepare most of the meals together, and eat as a family.
I definitely feel the warmness around. Thanks peeps.

In here,
we wrap like a 'bak zhang' (in Hokkien).
In English, we call it meat dumplings where the Chinese wrap the glutinous rice with some beans, meats into some dry banana leaves.
So yeah, it means it's freaking cold here.
Weather in Sheffield is unpredictable.
It can be sunny at the moment and turns windy and dark on the other second.
Well, but the weather is always cooling / or cold you can say.
As I said,
we are getting used to it as days pass.

In here,
we get to speak more English than we are in college (which is a good thing for me)
So yeah, definitely looking forward to classes.
And of course, let's hope we won't get frustrated listening to some oh-my-gosh-talk-super-fast-english lecturers.

That's it.
Stay tuned.

that's my dear, standing next to me.


that's my family.
Missing all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment