Sunday 19 January 2014

3 months back, I was on a foreign land

3 months plus of being an unemployed,
I would say I enjoy being one because there's no stress :)
After 4 years of stress (studies), I finally can get rid of it;
and before facing another stage of stressing working life (I HOPE NOT),
I would like to flash back some memories that I couldn't forget.


that was my first flight to United Kingdom,
and my last flight taken was yearssssssssss back, to Langkawi.
I know this is pathetic. LOL.
So I didn't know the helicopter view of the land is so mesmerising. 
It was definitely a good experience!

and this scenery taken when we were on our way to Sheffield from Manchester Airport,
back in our homeland, we get to see rubber and palm oil trees along the way to home towns,
and here in UK, we get to see this!

and of course,
western style living,
without the outer gate that we have in Malaysia,
well, we do have some high end residential areas such as Mont Kiara or Hartamas which follow such styles,
but with a security guard house.
in here, I don't see any.
Sheffield is known as one of the safest town in UK,
so that explains. 

Oh man,
such a lovely place,
I did not get to stop by to enjoy,
nor drop by at some time (was close to do so with friends),
but nah, I forgot what stopped us.


and they have this fantastic machine that we get to play with :P
It's a self check out machine provided in grocery shops like Asda and Aldi (I forgot the name of Aldi, I had to google) LOL short term memory loss.

Does this give you a feel of Harry Potter's university to you?
it's in Cambridge actually,
not Oxford.
did not have a chance to go Oxford to visit Harry Potter's studio.

and this two cute creatures definitely have left some clear memory because they are unique creatures!
Looks like Moo Moo but their eyes are fully covered with furs.
Found them when we were on our way to John O Groats

And this,
could not forget about the rainbows we saw along the whole journey.
Trust me,
that was the first time I had seen so many times of rainbows in a day!
Scotland is booooom,
their sceneries,  two thumbs up!

See,
I told ya!

John O Groats,
we spent many hours driving to reach this place,
heck, thinking back of it scared me so much,
we were close to getting lost in the dark, etc and driving in sleeepy mode etc.
Crazy is the most appropriate word to describe that night.

Edinburgh, Scotland is a must to visit city,
I love their architecture, their culture, and the way the buildings are put together.
and they were having a festival and hence, explained the crowd on streets.
and their street burgers, pizzas and hotdogs are yumyum!


this is also taken in John O Groats,
forgot to mention that this is most northerly end of Great Britain and Lands' End is the other end.

and we have Whitby!
mouth watering fish and chips available right here!

and Sheffield, the city that I stayed for three months,
this shot was taken at the first day we landed,
and we went around exploring the city, with our tour guide Geno.

and spotted this young lady on street, 
I wondered what photo was she taking,
and hopefully she can recall so that this question  can be answered. Lol

And this photo was taken in Worthing,
located at south of Great Britain,
we stayed at Fatty's aunt friend's house,
which faces the ocean!
Geeeeeeeeeessssz, this is what we call, 
enjoy life to the fullest man.
So relaxing,
having meals prepared by Aunt Ginny (I miss her grilled salmon!),
and dinner with Aunt Ginny and Uncle Andrew made me felt like home.
They took care of us as if we were their children,
having meals with both of them at the table made me felt like we are a family,
not forgetting meals were accompanied by the humorous jokes from Uncle Andrew.
Miss them!

this shot was taken when we were waiting for the coach to arrive at a bus stop,
we were soaking wet, Worthing welcomed us with rain.
This is actually Shoreham by Sea, another 20 minutes of coach ride to reach Worthing.
we were given directions to reach to Aunt's Ginny home.
you can see,
it's a quiet peaceful town, with a less population I believe.
Well, who would want to get out from home during a rainy day and not sit and lay back to enjoy a cup of coffee.
Oh ya,
we were welcomed by Aunt Ginny with a typical quiche and her homemade vegetable soup.
yumyum again!

And during our stay in Worthing,
we were recommended to visit Brighton,
a must visit place when you are at south GB.


and this shot was taken in Chinatown, London.
That's the most happening Chinatown I had seen so far during my stay in Great Britain.

this is my current desktop background.
London,
I am also missing you.


I guess I shall stop here for now,
I might come back with another post similar to this if I were to get bored at home again.

Till then.








No comments:

Post a Comment